Thread: Standard folds?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Standard folds?

This is not a not agreeing with you post Oink.I just chosed you to reply to in order to post.
If we assume that Stox is the high player in his book he is not raising 22 from Co more than about 1/3 of the time according to the hand-by hand chart.
The starting hand chart that is advocated does however contain 22 as an open raising hand.
But as said before the starting hand (OR) chart presented in the book does not correlate exactly to what the high player actually had played in his database.

If i remember it correctly during those 50 or so hands he had open raised he showed a minimal profit. And since he just played it 1/3 of the time he probably choosed the right spots to do it.
Taking into account rake issues and looser players that canīt lay down a pair I would very much doubt that 22 from CO is anywhere near being profitable in low-limits (below 5/10) except under very specific circumstances.
However I have no proof whatsoever for it.

I also think that Stox is a very good player but that there are lot of players at 2+2 that are as good as him or almost as good as him (Iīm not one of them). Those players have just chosen to play 5/10 to 15/30 because that they have a different view of risk aversion.