View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Reads - WW strategy

[ QUOTE ]
Interactions and tendencies change depending on who's a wolf and who's a villager. Yes. Anything else?

Again, you're focusing on the wrong aspect. Everyone KNOWS that. The key is being good at detecting these changes. This thread doesn't really offer any new insight as to how to accomplish that

[/ QUOTE ]
It's mostly memory and experience (yeah).

But you know, I think people are too focused on the changes that the wolf makes from game to game. Very few people think about what villagers should be thinking given a set of wolves.

Examples:
Being confused as to who the wolves were should have led me to scott (because he's confusing and good at wolfing). People not pushing scott should have led me to scott.

It's not just about a wolf's posts.

It's about what villagers post (because of who the wolves are).

More examples:
Shortline getting pushed and still having votes on him near the end of d3 is villagery, because as a wolf, he's nigh-impossible to lynch.

Shorty being cleared is wolfy for him.

Villagers who think alike should clear each other. Dustin/Boj clearing each other is really, really natural. Dustin/Herbie every game is also huge to look at.

Scott/BPM should push each other hard and berate each other.

Clown, Eskimo, MDD, traz a bunch of people should be attacking me almost EVERY game.

Dustin should basically never push me. I should almost never push Dustin.

In general, villagers don't play/think differently because of changes to their playing style. They play differently because of who the wolves are, and this is very readable.

I don't think many people have think about this a lot. I think people have it in the back of their mind, but I don't think it's very conscious.