View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: NL25: trouble playing middle pocket pairs. How to play?

"Grunch"
Hand 1 is a bad spot for a delayed CB. Any real hand here and you would of definately CB the flop due to draw nature. I just check/fold it down.

Hand 2 I CB the flop in this spot HU. Mid-pairs/Overpairs are definately in your range. Should have a high success rate on this flop against most villans. As played checking river is good. I dont mind the raise on the turn.

Hand 3: CB the flop, you still have an overpair with a drawy board, no reason to believe your not good at this point. Btn can be FOS so many times here since you did not bet the flop. Once you get to where your at, it has to come down to reads on the particular villan in the hand.

Hand 4: With no reads, I bet more on the flop. I like $1.75, and lead turn for 2/3 pot if villan is one that floats alot or fishy. Against a Fit or fold villan, I am done with hand after he calls the flop.

Hand 5: I normally 3bet from the BB here against just the SB. As played, I think turn is a good spot for a raise attempt to take down the pot, semi bluff on your draw. Calling isnt really all that good I dont think.