View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Omaha winrates vs Holdem winrates

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It totally is though. 30 PT BB/100 is only 3/5 of a buy-in. So if I get one guy to get all-in for 1 BI in a bad spot where I'm 80/20 every 100 hands and play exactly breakeven the rest of the time, that gets the job done. And with a full table full of people who think the fact that you pushed a draw once means they should never fold AA or two pair for the rest of the session, situations like that really aren't that hard to find.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can get a guy to go in as bad as 80/20 every 100 hands, you're going to be very rich very soon. The truth is those spots are pretty far between and you know it, and you'll be taking a lot more 60/40 and 53/47 flips playing LAG or TAG.

If some one has a datamine of a player with a real sample taking the games at 20PTBB/100 I would be interested in seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can go on some sick heaters in this game -- I've run at ~30 ptbb for 10k+ hands several times. But no one is beating anything but the lowest games for that amount. The very best players at each level I think beat the game for 10-12 ptbb.