View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Why does KoRn SUCK so [censored] bad now?

[ QUOTE ]
They suffered from what most bands suffer from: One-good-album-itis.

They spent so much time writing and perfecting the songs before they were signed to their first deal they essentially blew their wad on the first album. Once their creative energy was gone, that was the end of the good albums.

Their first is one of my favorite albums of all time. Seeing them open for Megadeth and KMFDM was awesome. After that, not so much.

I'm going to get ripped a new one for this but I think Tool suffered the same fate, except it took them an EP and two full albums to reach that point. Which makes them a better band.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never forgiven myself for missing the Portland show when they opened for KMFDM and God Lives Underwater opened before Korn. I heard it was absolute insanity. This was back when like nobody knew who the [censored] korn was, let alone God Lives Underwater.

First time I saw them play, they opened for Ozzy. It was a pretty good show, but I was pissed at all the [censored] dinosaur rockers shouting for Ozzy halfway through their set.

Totally disagree that Tool has suffered the same fate. Sure they peaked with Aenima, but I think both of the new ones come damn close in quality. I still eagerly await any releases by Tool or A Perfect Circle. Tool is an artistic statement and Maynard et al have been dedicated to maturing as a band and creating innovative new material.