View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em study group

one other thing about SPRs:

at 6max micros (25nl and 50nl on stars), it's really tough to get to your target SPR with overpair/top pair hands. people tighten up against bigger pf raises and it's generally heads up on the flop with normal pfr sizes. so, since the target SPRs with these hands are 2-8, at minimum you will have to raises 6xbb pf. for a SPR of 2, you will need to open for 20xbb. now, some people might find that one juicy table where this might happen (i doubt it), but for us multitablers, we often have to sit at tables with 3 or 4 tight/semi-tight players and one fish. it's going to be somewhat rare to hit our target SPRs with those hands. this will probably work better at full ring and live games, where in my short venture in those games, i have found that they limp/call pretty much anything.

i'm not detracting from the SPR concept, becaue it is very helpful and has kept me out of alot of trouble, just saying that with top/overpair hands, it will be a bit tough to hit the target SPRs with KK/AK/AQ/AJ type of hands (i excluded AA, QQ-JJ because they tend to play well at most SPRs).