View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:11 AM

Default Re: NL500: 98o OESD BTN vs. BB 3bet pot against TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it normal to call a presumably light 3bet light in order to raise most flops?

[/ QUOTE ]if you dont like money, sure

[/ QUOTE ]My logic was that since he's reraising with close to, say, 25% of his hands (as he'd reraised most of those 35% times he has defended the BB) his range is similar to my BTN opening range (and he might think my 3bet calling range crushes his) and he will miss the flop most of the time (just like I will). So if I raise flop he will fold enough of the time for this to be profitable (assuming of course I don't treat every 3bet that way, just a rare one).

I am investing $295 to win $135 (assuming he cbets 100%) and some of the time I will actually not have pure air. It has to work less than 68% of the time to be profitable assuming I never flop anything, and actually less since I do sometimes.

E.g., if he continues only with KT/KQ/KJ(?)/77/TT/KK/AA/QJ/J9/x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]y[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] then is that really significantly more than 32% of his range?

I'm probably just justifying my bad play, but can you still point out the flaw in my logic?