View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Heads up NL Cash vs. someone who basically only 3-bets from the BB

Hey, I got asked this question about how to deal with this scenario, and I while I think that my suggestion is correct, I'm curious what other people had to say, and I think it's something to think about and can help other people.

"Well, it depends how tight he is from the BB and how often he is c-betting his 3-bets.

I think I would do a combination of tightening up my raising and then calling his 3-bets more. I think that you can also try limping some hands on the button, because if he's automatically going to raise, limping solves the problem of playing some hands that you don't want to see a 3-bet pot in which you're committing 10% of your stack with. For instance, I'd start limping most lower pocket pairs against this type of person, as I don't like playing them in 3-bet pots vs. someone, but I'd gladly play vs. a 3bb raise. But overall, if you adjust your range such that it is better than his, that with the advantage of position should give you a big enough edge to make up for what you might be losing by not raising the button as much.

let me know if that makes sense,

jeff "