View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Your duty to kill those guaranteed to go to Heaven

[ QUOTE ]
That verse you quoted is probably from the King James Version amirite? I understand it since I grew up on a KJV. Look it up in the New Int'l Version. It'll make alot more sense.

Now you understand why the Bible is been translated so many different ways.

No, I didn't make that up. And Jesus was very clear. Like I said...look it up in the NIV & it will be easier to understand.

No, I wouldn't give $10m away. That's not what he's saying. It's kinda two fold. I interpret the camel part to mean that anything is possible with God's help. The rich part meaning if you are rich in wordly possessions so that it stands between you & a personal relationship with Jesus, then you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven. In Jesus' time, the Pharisees were the wealthy ruling class of Jews & they were arrogant & pretty much hated Jesus. So he was using that as a 'springboard' if you will for a lesson.

Don't misinterpret that though....I know alot of wealthy people who are extremely devout Christians.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why can't you admit that you are interpreting what Jesus said and it is your opinion? You might be wrong since a resonably person could have a differnt view. You make a good point about how you have to interpret waht Jesus said based on his time and his audience. Since these things are often not from the Bible itself but from historical records they could be wrong. I