View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: The American \"Obesity Epidemic?\"

[ QUOTE ]
Something that my girlfriend and I were noticing recently is that is has become socially acceptable to eat [censored] food. When I bring healthy food to work, people always comment about how much of a health nut I must be.

Its just acceptable these days to eat fatty foods

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* this is so true. I need to vent a little about the place I work at. I've become token "health nut" in my office. It's not even that I'm ridiculously strict, but where I work, the mere sight of anything green on your plate will get you labeled as some sort of a health freak. A lot of people make comments and jokingly tease me because I bring things like salads, grilled chicken, protein shakes, and nuts to work. There are some people that order take out chinese almost every f'ing day. And of course they are fat and bitch about how they need to lose weight. Also, tons of people have candy jars in their cubicle. They think they don't eat a lot and don't understand why they can't lose weight, but I watch them graze on candy all day long.

"Oh, there's UnoriginalName with his vegetables again! Well hello there Mr. Healthy Eater!"

Jesus christ STFU already.

Irony: I work for a health insurance company and I swear I work with some of the most gluttonous and unhealthy fatties around. Or maybe I just work with typical Americans.