View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/7) ($3,000 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall something like that, but could be (although, i don't usually discuss trades with low post count users).
How's your brother doing?I was impressed with your pledge to donate 25% of your winnings to the research fund regarding his illness?

And on completely another subject, what was the table talk that didn't enter the broadcast about Hellmuth's antics?
it was painful to watch...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for asking about my brother. As he put it, "they made it seem like I was on my deathbed." He's needed chemo from time to time, and has actually had a toe amputated in an unsuccessful attempt to rid himself of the tumor. Other than that, he's fine. However, the disease is so rare that even $25k could make a big difference in the research efforts.

Regarding Hellmuth, he was like that all throughout day two as well. I assume that's how he is whenever cameras are around. Most of it was an act, I think. He was very nice to me after we both had busted out and were chatting while waiting to get paid. Still, I'd be perfectly content to never have to deal with him at my table again.