View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: FPP % at PokerStars heads up tables?

I just checked the page and they did make an adjustment for heads-up tables vs. 6-max tables.
But the RB% still ain't pretty. My estimate appears to have been pretty close though.

About 4% for your purposes. But that will soon get boosted to about 6% after 1,500 raked-hands in a month. And then up to about 8% at 4,000 raked-hands in a month.

Here's more on how I'm estimating this if you're curious:

No play in the past couple months makes you a Bronze Star meaning you get no bonus FPP's for the time-being.

FPP is roughly worth 1.5 to 1.6 cents each.

You get 1 FPP when ANY rake is taken at 2/4 or higher on a heads-up table.

This means that a $0.50 rake for a $20 pot at 2/4 or higher receives 1 FPP (note that if you're playing 1-on-1 on a 6-max or full-ring table you still need a $1 rake for a $40 pot to get an FPP).

So if all your raked hands were pots less than $40 then that means for the $0.50 rake your contribution was $0.25...and you are getting back only 1.5 cents of that for 6%.

But it's going to be significantly worse than that for a 3/6 or 5/10 NL player because a number of pots will be raked the full $1 max for a $40 pot or higher. But you are still only getting 1.5 cents back.

So for the $1 max-rake hands your RB is 3%.
And you should have more max-rake hands playing higher NL as you are.

So for a new player at Stars you will be somewhere in the middle of 3% and 6%.
Roughly in the 4-5% range depending on the percentage of hands that are max-rake $1 as opposed to min-rake $0.50.

The thing is...it won't be THAT long to get your 1,500 VPP's in less than a month and reach SilverStar status.
At SilverStar you receive 1.5x FPP's per VPP. So you are getting 2.2 cents back instead of 1.5

At 4,000 VPP's in one month you are GoldStar and getting 2x FPP's so that's getting 3 cents per raked-hand.

And at 10,000 VPP's you are Platinum and getting 2.5x FPP's so that's 3.7 cents per raked-hand.
And that status carries over to the next month.

So if you can get 10,000 FPP's in a month then that increases your RB by 2.5x which takes you from roughly 4-5% all the way up to 10-12.5%-ish.

Platinum status also includes free entry into the weekly $50k VIP freeroll each Saturday which is roughly a $65 value and a monthly $100k freeroll for Gold and higher which I think is usually a $25 value.
So that's up to an extra $280 in tourney-value per month IF you are able to play in every one of the Saturday tourneys.

100,000 VPP's in a year earn FPP's at 3.5x bonus which takes you to an even higher RB bracket.
You also get money bonuses at 200k, 300k, etc VPP's per year which essentially adds RB value but that's obviously only for the really high-volume players.