View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Comments on this hand please (PLO8 $400)

I understand Tom's question about the point of the OP, since it's likely the money is going in. Obviously I disagree with it, but I understand it. The way I played the hand bothered me all night, and I think perhaps the 1/2 bet on the turn would have been the right move, but he probably would have raised me with anything there so it may all just be academic.

Anyway, I pushed the turn for the pot. With the hands I expected him to show, I figured I was slightly ahead ... and getting 2 to 1 if he called I felt I was not making a big mistake if I was wrong on what I thought he most likely held. But what I've been thinking about is that I risked losing him by betting, and perhaps should not have bet the pot.

He called all in, and showed A-8-8-K with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Both the set and the clubs really surprised me. A set of 8s? Jesus. And the clubs too? Not that I should have been able to expect that one way or the other, but I felt good that the club turn increased my equity meaningfully. Yet I still was (slightly) better than 2-1.

But f him. The river was Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I scooped, and he berated me. In caps this time.

Edit -- I should have mentioned that the SB had a 2-3 hand. Maybe A-2-3, I don't recall.