View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion thread (SPOILERS)

I think that in this thread whenever a plothole is brought up there have been some solid arguements proving that it is not really a plothole, so I do not think one has to "overlook" any mistakes. Harry is only 17 in this book and was getting very frustrated and blurted out Vold's name accidently. It is not that far fetched.

As for the connection with Vold's mind. I immediately thought that this was a too convienent way for Harry to access information. But if you go back and read the moments when he is able to access Vold's mind, I think a few things are happening. One harry gets better at Occulemency throughout the book. When there is fear or something at the forefront of his mind he has a hard tim reading Vold's thoughts. At the end of the book he is able to do Occulemcy. He tried for a long time to see into Vold's mind when he had guard duty at the tent and could not. He would only get flashes of insight into Vold's mind when Vold was very angry or happy and lost control of his emotions.
It may be strectching things but it seemed that Vold was vulnerable to harry only when he himself got some mad he lost control. Also, DD states that because they have such a close bond, same blood, harry is a freakin horcrux, etc., that the connection between them would go stronger and stronger.
I agree also that this has the potential for becoming a great movie. I hope the next movies are like the last 10 mins of OotP.