View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Completely Busto to Robusto. Yesterday i blow up.

My first BBV in quite some time. I'm the guy who used to play 10/20nl and 25/50nl on party poker who ended up blowing basically my enitre roll playing 50/100nl (and higher!) on FTP post-leg last Nov/Dec. After the dust settled I tilted away my last $30 grand or so at 5/10nl and lower. At one point I was pretty much dead dead broke. Around mid-February I turned to another 2p2'r for help in the form of staking. He staked me for 2/4nl 6max. I played around 130k hands of that winning at a low ~2.5ptbb/100. My game had gone to [censored](was I any good in the first place?). Then one day I won a wsop package for $12k, paid off my staker and started playing on my own for the first time in months. This was early April.

On April 18th I was bored one night and didn't feel like 10-tabling 2/4nl 6max so I opened two 2/4nl heads up tables and started winning. Since then I haven't looked back, pretty much destroying every hu game I play. I aggressively moved up limits but also would move down in limits when I would drop 4-5 buy ins at my higher one. Since mid-April I've never felt better about my myself and my game. My head was clear and I made all the right decisions.

Then yesterday. I started out playing 25/50 6m 3handed and 25/50 hu and 7.5/15nl deep. I was up $20 grand when one player just started to completely destroy me on two 25/50nl heads up tables.

Before yesterday I loved life:

The dust settles...

My PT screenshot of all heads up games I've played in since 4/18/07. The 7.5/15 limit says 6max but it's actually hu since they don't have any hu tables and I've only played hu on there. I don't know why the colors didn't show up on this but whatever. The numbers below are in ptbb/100.

Outing myself here, I play under the screename DonTmaKeMEDoIT on Full Tilt.

So I'm pretty sure I know what happened yesterday. The old me came out. The me who doesn't care how much I'm losing in a session and I keep playing and playing. The me who tilts. The me who ignores stop-losses. The me who plays like a retard.

I hope this will be the last time it happens. I honestly feel like I'm one of the best hu msnl heads up players out there. But back to grinding 3/6 and 5/10 for now until I win a bunch of it back.

And I actually feel pretty good today and writing this out makes me feel even better. I'm gonna start a sess soon and hopefully grind back like 500 bucks of that 40 grand I lost yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

HEK