View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The Bears were hugely blessed by variance last season. ??????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this that stupid they recover alot of fumbles and get turnovers that's all variance crap? Yes, the Bears have led the league in forcing turnovers the last two years. And there is a good chance they will this year as well. It's what they are coached. Strip at the ball, jump routes, pressure the QB into mistakes, group tackle and run to the ball even when you can't make the tackle just in case there is a fumble. I'm always getting ticked and cursing variance when they force three or four fumbles in the game and only recover one and every time they outnumber the offensive team around the ball.

The Bears had good variance last year? Losing their two best non-linebacker run defenders? Having to play the Superbowl down the best D-tackle in the league? Having Peyton Manning make one mistake the whole game, when he made dozens against the Patriots and Ravens just a few weeks earlier?

If Rex Grossman was a god in every game last year and the Bears had no injuries, I could stand by the variance argument. The Bears did not have a magical everything goes right season last year (Hello Saints, anybody?)they were just a upper pack AFC team playing in the NFC.

If you're talking about they won't be able to go out every game throw two bombs go up two TDs and then just roll people by 20, okay. I don't really expect a perfect season either.