View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Move over Curtains!!! (My Blog)

Jman, as a fellow wisconsinite (living in AZ) I back my boys! Your entry about the $33s was money and I hate that it is on your blog...thank god I am no longer playing them.

I too have a blog, but I do not post the URL because I am just starting out...built my bankroll from 50 to over $12K in about 8 months of very limited play. my biggest challenge as a relative newbie is to learn to deal with the swings...I really like curtains blog because he has a set by set update...when I moved up, and added tables, the swings just magnify like crazy and it really hurts your confidence and mental stability at the table...8 buy ins is gone in 2 really bad sets and that used to be only 250 bucks on the 33s but now it is over 600 on the 77s...i know its all relative and that my bankroll could support higher limit play, but I would like to hear the challenges you are working to overcome as someone that is where I am hoping to get...that is why i started my blog because i felt there would be a lot of people in my shoes...having success...pretty certain that I am winning long term, but working on my entire game...bankroll management, overcoming burnout, all that good stuff...because all that is just as important as how you play.

You do this in one of your entries, about how you got unlucky...i know those nights, not to the same extent on an absolute scale, but relatively, i feel ur pain and respect how you powered through it...the ability to bounce back...mental toughness. that entry should be inspiration to us all, if i dropped 20k, i fear what would happen!