View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Football season is coming up and I know the Bears fans on this board are really excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it.

And yes, I'm a huge Bears fan.

[ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts on the off season moves, the upcoming dominance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Darwin Walker move was big. It made losing Tank, Alfonso, and Ian absolutely irrelevent. All through the offseason I was worried about who was going to fill this spot. Dusty/Isreal are great options as a 3rd tackle in rotation, but this addition of Darwin is going to make offenses make some tough choices on who and how to block Tommie and the two bookends. The front four is going to absolutely filthy and deep.

From the draft, I'm excited about Olsen obviously, his prescence and the effect on opening the running game and putting pressure on opposing safeties that he will create.

I am intrigued by Wolfe, I get a "Robert Green-role" feel about this guy, if you remember him.

Not excited about Bauzin, breaking in at DE for the Bears right now is an uphill battle, and his injury problems so far in camp are already starting a pattern.

The rest of the draft...meh...we'll see.

Mark Bradley...excited about his return. Ditto Mike Brown. If they both stay healthy, they are huge additions. If they play par for the course, however, we'll get about 6 weeks combined out of them.

Lance Briggs....sigh....two words for him "Warrick Holdman". Seriously Lance, it isn't a coincidence that every 3 years the weakside backer thinks he is worth alot more and leaves, only to be replaced by a non-descript 3rd round pick who ends up making pro bowls courtesy the system.

The Will spot in this system is designed to amass tackles, and be around the action unblocked. If you can run and put on a helmet, I think you can make the pro bowl playing the Will in the Bears system. Keep this in mind when Okwo is asking for a monster contract in 4 years.

Archuleta...almost as excited about this move as I am with Walker. Despite the two recent trades out of the secondary, they're still deep here with Brown, Manning, Adam, etc....if everyone stays healthy. Of course, Adam couldn't cover a girl scout running a corner route, but he knows how to play within his responsibilities within this system....and if you remember the Steve Smith game from 2005, and the complete lapse in coverage a few times in last year's playoffs....you won't see that with him here....plus he allows Brown to move back to FS, and he's going to make running on the defense that much tougher.

At corner, Pnut and Nate are locked up for years, which I like a lot. Let's hope they don't turn into Walt Harris after he signed his deal.

And no sense in wasting time talking about Urlacher, Rex, or Ced...obviously the best in the league at their respective positions, so no worries with those spots.

And yes, I'm dead serious.