View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]

KJS, my votes would go for Eduardo, Malouda, and probably Hargreaves. I don't know how successful Nugent will be, but we will see. As for last year, it had to be Berbatov.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hargreaves should have a good year this year, but I really think that Nani could be a real revelation. Granted, it's extremely hard to base much of anything off of the pre-season meaningless matches, but he really looks like the real deal and should fill in great as Giggs' replacement in the next few years.

as far as nugent, I think he'll be great for pompey. Will he score 20 this year, that I can't say, but this is a guy with serious talent that could find a great pairing for england with Rooney(and hopefully in the future at ManU [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). There is a reason he cost 7m GBP not having spent a single season in the top flight. I think we'll also be hearing the same kind of stuff about Billy Sharp at Scunthorpe very soon too. Back to Nugent, if you haven't seen him play, get ready to just giggle in delight at some of the great stuff he is capable of doing