View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

Wow, and I thought I was a pretty big Eagles homer. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Not trying to bash, it just seems like some of your predictions are lofty. I have little doubt the Bears will finish 11-5 or 12-4 and win the division, but it is a weak division.

I am high on Benson... the running game should barely miss a beat. Their tight end situation should be solid, but I wouldn't expect the world from Olsen in his first year. Berrian is a solid receiver with upside, but I don't see 70 reception/1k yard production out of him next year. I'm not sold on the Hester experiment working, but I would certainly like to watch it if it does. I'm not sure about Grossman. I'm not high on him, but maybe he'll start playing consistently and prove me wrong.

As an Eagles fan, I was glad to get rid of Darwin Walker. He may very well do better against a single-team, but he really disappeared for stretches the last two years and sometimes took plays off.

Again, I'm not trying to bash. I'm just making sure you realize some of your expectations are definitely homerism. (Which is fine, we're all guilty of it. I think Jason Avant is going to become a very good receiver.) The Bears, along with the Eagles and Saints, will be the class of the NFC this year.