View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: BB defend

What really kills someone opening to loose is 3betting him loose yes.

If you reraise him 30% of the time and call 15% we get to a point where i cant open that loose.
This will get more value for my premium holdings of course though.

But i agree, if you adjust its certainly not profitable to open any2. I just think that an opening range of 70% or so is already loose enough to adjust and defend with A2.

You cerainly shouldnt expect a 33 sng player to open that loose of course, so i guess the A7 fold was good. It was just an example, brian townsend throws it away too and people there are opening really loose by default i would say.

I also think that it really doesnt play that much of a role now. You dont get into that situation that often, maybe like 5 times per 100 hands. If you loose 0.1bb or win 0.1bb , it doesnt make that much of an impact.

Yesterday i played someone with a 9% roi over 3000 games in the 500s hu sngs and he was defending with A2 and much worse (i wastn openign 100%)
So you certainly can win very big with it (and without defending too) And you will get into alot of trouble postflop of course for a hand which probably is break even or something.