View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Flop second nut straight vs maniac, do I call down?

Is it just me or do people almost never pot the river on bluffs any more? Maybe 6 months ago, all the mediocre/bad players would quickly fire the pot when they missed and wanted a fold, but now it seems like that's almost always a reverse tell.

If villain would have bet $25 or something here, it would be an easy call, but I don't know what he'd be firing the pot the whole way with here except for the nuts or maybe blockers. If he's actually a maniac, OFC we wouldn't fold, but against this description:

[ QUOTE ]
CO is a lunatic playing 76/46/1.7. He definitely tries to bluff and bully, although usually shows up with a hand in the big pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure. If you look more closely at the description, you see that he's applying "lunatic" to the PF stats and that he really has no indication to think villain will 3-barrel here. Include "villian just lost a big pot in the last 3 hands" or something and of course it would be a call. With all the info we have, I'd say this is the nuts probably 70% of the time and a split another 5%, which would be enough to make the call unprofitable.