Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: ordering contact lenses online w/no prescription

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at needing a prescription to buy contact lens in the usa. land of the free!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I really don't understand why eye glasses and contacts require a prescription. It's not like you can abuse them like with medications.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some idiots will go years between exams and be using prescriptions that are no longer suited for them, further damaging their eyesight.

[/ QUOTE ]

laws that protect idiots from themselves are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laws that protect idiots from things that they wouldn't or really shouldn't need to know, but a trained professional would know, aren't that dumb. Such as with prescription drugs, an idiot may think, "Hey, I'm still in pain, maybe I should take more". They don't really know at what point it's too much, but a trained professional does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but with glasses, it should be "hey now i can't see anything even with my glasses on, maybe i should get a new ones?"

its not like they are going to overdose on eyeglasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

With glasses, if you are at the "I can't see anything point", you are years late on an appointment. For example, I just went and got new eyeglasses a couple weeks back. My glasses were actaully like 2 or 2 1/2 years old (I only wear them at home, I wear contacts the rest of the time). I didn't even realize how bad that prescription sucked until I got my new glasses. I didn't even know the old ones were slightly blurry until I switched back and forth between glasses.

Eyesight going bad isn't an easily perceptable thing. It's so gradual you get used to crappy eyesight and assume it's good because you know no better.