View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Wow, that was racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I have a feeling that you don't live in an area with a significant native population?

Racism against Natives is massive, probably worse than any other group in North America.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a weird claim. The vast majority of people I know never interact with Native Canadians. I don't think they have any views of Natives, one way or the other. I don't see "massive" racist behaviour towards Natives because I don't see any kind of behaviour at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? You live in Toronto? You haven't heard about any interactions with Natives?

In the past year we have had Natives blockading numerous places in the province. Shutting down rail lines. Protesting in various places. If you haven't heard views expressed about Natives you're living with your head in the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

You misinterpretted my post. I said that most of the people I know have no interaction with natives. And they don't. This is not the same as saying I have never heard of any interactions with natives happening anywhere.

My point is not that there are NO interactions between natives and other races in Canada, it's that there are very few interactions between natives and other races in Canada compared to, say, east asians. I can't believe that racism against natives is "worse than any other group in North America" when they barely interact with other groups at all.