View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Without question, the worst Bill Simmons article ever.

[ QUOTE ]
Max,

I don't think many of us would argue that Simmons wasn't fantastic when he first started. He's just become pretty inarguably (although it appears Bulldog might try) worse.

I think his podcasts are great. He still says some occasionally stupid stuff, but they mos def play to his strengths.

[/ QUOTE ]

No i pretty much agree. I think his columns are still ok but when he first started they where must reads. I remember thinking how unique his style was when he first came out. I really wish I had thought of it, it seems so obvious now, a dude that likes sports and pop culture writing about whatever he feels like. I think now alot of people do this so it isn't as fresh and he has probably stopped trying as hard as he used to.

I feel like in his podcasts he is still bringing his A game so to speak because he is afraid of looking like a moron since it is pretty new to him.

I love the part when he calls his buddy at the end who is a yanks fan. Being a internet poker player when I get bored during the day I call my friends at work to kill time. The first five seconds are exactly the same; the guy at work answers really professional sounding like this is John Mitchell and I say somthing stupid like Yo Johnny Boy or whatever. Then he can relax and talk like a normal person again. Simmons' strength was always his ability to relate average dudes i guess.