View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Rousso Vs Gowen

[ QUOTE ]
At the moment I'm in a country where Youtube is blocked so for most people in my locality, unable to view the hand in question, this thread would make no sense.

However, I was in Vegas a few months back and I came up to my hotel room one night after the usual 'Tales from the Crypt' type exit from a small tourny, and as I fell onto the bed this hand was showing on a local TV channel.

I was stupefied. By stupefied I mean this...

1. to put into a state of little or no sensibility; benumb the faculties of; put into a stupor.
2. to stun, as with a narcotic, a shock, or a strong emotion.
3. to overwhelm with amazement; astound; astonish.

I could not believe what I had just seen. I waited for some sort of Old Testament type wrath to be brought apon Ms Russo from the TV commentators, for her truely abysmal, XXX rated play in this hand, and for Ms Gowen to receive collateral tribulation from the same source.

But no. A quick cut to the ads and then the programme went onto another, unrelated hand.

That poker hand was a historic moment in television history. I shall remember it forever more. Just as I can recall where I was when Mr Armstrong first put his tootsies onto the moon, or when Mr Presley expired prematurely.

Infact I used to wake up in the middle of the night, awash with sweat and screaming "I'm a fool for ever folding A4 offsuit out of position to a raise ! I repent I repent !!!"

I must thank everyone contributing to this thread for helping in my recovery. I thought I was the only one haunted in this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next JK Rowling.