View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Tell me about Estonia and Latvia....

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend who did a stint in the peace corps and lived in Ukraine for a year. He said the economy was incredibly depressing. He said the women were cute but it wasn't worth it as the living conditions were awful and a lot of the men drank way too much and were really hostile.

Do girls in these countries seriously want to marry foreigners? Why would a guy marry a girl from one of these places? It seems obvious that any girl who is willing to do this is just using the guy for a meal ticket and will divorce him as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points but I'd point out that US guys have the most to lose here what with our incredibly pro-woman divorce laws [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] - not so sure Europeans have as much to be concerned about - I think European laws actually tend to be pretty fair and/or favor the man in some cases. Considering the state of marriage over there in general and the fact that most of the women outside Britain, Germany and Switzerland are pretty hot in Europe I don't think they need to shack up with the E. Europeans anyway!!

Thx all for the country advice. I've been to Slovakia and actually found the ladies there pretty attractive. Also have spent a lot of time in Poland and think that they are the best looking group of women I've ever seen, so will be interesting to compare them with Estonia and Latvia.