View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Sharp Sports Betting also apply to soccer? (n00b question)

[ QUOTE ]
Hi DJ,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't know anything about odds etc yet. I'm looking at the numbers on Pinnacle and I don't have a clue what they mean but there's plenty of info out there so that should be ok. My plan is to stick to the top 4 eredivisie clubs and take that very serious.

Moneywise I'm fine. I'm going to bet 2$ per bet and slowly build a bankroll. I'm in no rush and I can loose every bet the whole season and not care about it. It's a minor part of my pokerbankroll that I'm using for that. My main goal for this season is to get to grips with the basics of sportsbetting and learn how to do handicapping myself. I'm probably going to spend 10 times as much on soccer magazines and the two books about sportsbetting then I'll be able to make when I win every bet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

First I would say that you start to understand the basic betting stuff, starting from what the odds means and how you can take advantage for them.
Then you have to focus on more than just 4 teams, compared to other leagues PSV, Ajax, Az, Feyenoord tend to win more than often by more than one goal against weak opponents, but the books know this and you will find yourself to ask how many times are they going to cover pretty high handicaps and this is a much tougher question to answer. I would suggest you at least to take in consideration the whole Eredivisie and maybe even throw a look at the second one if you can have a grasp on it (Gouden Gids first round odds).

Here is a list of books and description that you may find useful: European football books .