View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Craps: Any validity in precision shooting?

Echoing Govman -- I've said before, and I'll say again ...

I've seen some amazing things in my life. I've seen close up magic and card manipulation done right in front of my face -- I knew what they were doing -- and I still couldn't see it being done. There are some phenomenal technicians in the world of gaming and sleight-of-hand. Many of these "tricks" take years to perfect, and are so perfectly executed that it's nearly incomprehensible.

So, understand, I do not doubt that the skill could be learned. That is, if the dice hit the rubber below the diamond pattern. Otherwise, I think it's impossible.

The many years I've spent inside, outside, above, and around gaming tables tells me that game doesn't exist for more than a few rolls.

It would be very easy for any proponent of dice setting to prove. Simply explain how the dice are going to be manipulated, video the throw in slow motion, and show that there is a correlation between the predicted motion of the dice and the actual motion of the dice.

Not a prediction of a win followed by a win. This really isn't that difficult to prove -- either the dice behave as predicted, or they behave randomly.