View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Need Some Actual Advice Here

[ QUOTE ]
You aren't going to follow this advice, but I'd guarantee you your life would improve tenfold if you did...

First, stop playing poker - it's filling a void in your life right now fair enough, but from EVERYTHING you've written here, it's not bringing you any joy whatsoever in the long run.

Get another part time job (right now you work 1 or 2 nights?) and do one of two things: 1) start helping your family our financially (which they will probably refuse) or 2) save up and in a few months buy them a weekend getaway somewhere (I'd suggest this).

Third, stop snapping at those trying to help you in this thread. If your original post was authentic, and not a tired trolling attempt, you'd do well to listen to some of the advice given here. Don't listen to those who say 'play within your bankroll' or 'play for play money' - no offense guys, but this is a someone who appears to be somewhat immature (not a bad thing, you're supposed to be immature at your age) and playing poker is a waste of some of the best years of his life.

Finally, you say you don't like to hang out with druggies and alcoholics, so there's no one in your class you can relate/socialize with. I guarantee you that there are people who don't want to spend every weekend in a drug-induced haze. Find these people. Even if these are the biggest nerds in the class, spend some time with them - get out of the house and away from the computer. Social interaction is what creates memories that you'll have 20 or 30 years from now, not the time that you cracked some guys Aces with 10-J suited for a $150 pot.

I'd post more, but I'm not sure if you are a troll or not - good luck turning it around if you are legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would fold J 10 if he raised.

But in all seriousness, I would rather read Harry Potter than hang out with the 5% of the school who does not drink/smoke. Let's get real. But I am listening to advice, I just don't think some of it is fitting/logical. Thanks again!