View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: How much can Tiger benchpress?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw his interview live ont eh golf channel. There is no way he can do near 300, 275 is, maybe. I dont get whre you guys are comming from at all, he is "fit" but that means little.

[/ QUOTE ]

So from an interview u can tell how much he can bench, I have heard from people in golf circles(people on tour or who work on the tour) that it is common knowledge that T can put up 300. Not many pro athletes can do T's workout day to day.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who has competed in power lifting events, has pretty extensive training, and has lived in a gym for 6 years, I am pretty good at judging body types, and lifting abilities. Id be very surprised if he could get 300 up, and anyone saying for mulitple reps is insane. Just saying that "not many pros can keep up with his workout day to day" just signifies ignorance. If I was wrong, and he could lift 300, then his day to day training wouldnt be that hardcore, or taxing, it would be very minimal, lifting 3 or 4 times a week, w/ little cardio, and lifting very heavy weights, and the only intensity would be during the actual lift. I have no doubt he has a VERY taxing routine, but i would bet that what he is doing is more in teh 6 to 10 rep range, w/ little rest between sets to get his cardio and stamina up, not lifting 1 to 5 reps, which is what he would need to do to be at such a light weight for 6 1, and be able to lift a lot. Just becuase you work out really really hard doesnt mean you are strong. You train for goals, not intensity, Im sure his goal isnt to lift a ton of weight.

PS--- you guys also have to realize how STUPID it would be for him to ever come anywhere near what he can max, or to train with heavy weights right? So I seriously doubt any claim of what anyone has "seen" him come close too.