View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Your duty to kill those guaranteed to go to Heaven

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most people who believe in hell would say there is nothing "bigger picture" than God's desires. Those desires define what is good and bad. You may call it selfless to murder innocents but it is immoral (and shouldnt be done) by definition if it goes against God's wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't change the fact that there is a bigger picture, one that would suggest that the person who did this would be the most selfless individual in the history of existence, bar none (and I mean <u>none</u>).

[/ QUOTE ]
My only point is that the believer would dispute this. There is no bigger picture, which provides a completely legitimate reason for them not acting counter to God's instructions.

[ QUOTE ]
And it would be profoundly moral, IMHO, if it were only possible that he could be justifiably certain that he was right.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would (I suspect) believe that morality is subjective or a question of opinion. For a believer there is no opinion involved other than God's. He says dont do it so (to them) it is immoral to do it - even if it results in reduced suffering.