View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Reality Check, Permafrost ... you do not know how the world works

[ QUOTE ]
Given the choice betweeen trying to prosecute someone in a court of law, carrying a burden of proof, and simply "blacklisting" them without a trial, a zealous DOJ would opt for the latter .... no burden of proof of violation of a law need be borne.

You really do not understand the politics of repression.

However, to answer your rhetorical question, "why are they delaying these political gains" ... The inertia of the regulatory process and the clear lack of a legal basis for posting a hypothetical poker list.

[/ QUOTE ]
In one paragraph we have you promoting a zealous DOJ wildly intent on simply blacklisting with little/no reason; then you claim they have so far not begun this huge political gain of blacklisting because they need a reason, i.e. legal basis, and inertia has overtaken their zeal. For sure, I don't understand the politics of repression.

[ QUOTE ]
So, tell me why you think DOJ would NOT stoop to unwarranted blacklisting as a means to acheive the political objectives of the anti-gambling zealots ?

[/ QUOTE ] Do you mean "anti" unlawful gambling? Doubt they are trying to blacklist gambling.

[ QUOTE ]
Why DO you think that blacklisting a PStars or FTP WOULD show they were in violation of some law ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said a list would show that; I said a list, if it appears, would logically come about because someone believes sites violate laws.