View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: College Life Is a Mess -- Take the Poker Route Out? (warning: LONG)

themagnum, thanks for the reply. When you said though that I don't really care about it for education reasons, I may have come across that way but it isn't true. I actually enjoy learning, and that's one of the things that irritates me the most, the way that part of me is no longer as responsive to new things and information.

I just think that if I did get a college degree, the actual matter studied would add a very important dimension to my knowledge base.

If I knew I was only in college to get the degree to hang on the wall, then I would quit right now without hesitation. When I actually made the "hang on the wall" remark, it was more the reason why I am being pressured into doing it, as my family, most friends (except the close ones or the ones who do the same course) and general society would not see past the piece of paper hung on the wall and the superficial view of what having a degree signifies.

I don't know, but I'm guessing my clarifying this might have an effect on your advice!