View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sippin,

I just played at the TPC in Blaine, MN yesterday and holy hell did I get a whole new appreciation for you guys that can actually play this game.

I did get my picture taken with Lee Trevino which was pretty cool. He also happens to be incredibly hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

I live four blocks from there but haven't had the opportunity to play it yet because I'm too cheap and don't know any members. Tough course I take it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason I got to play is cuz it was sponsored by Ameriprise and my parents advisor gave us an invite.

The course is amazing. I found it extremely tough, but this is my first year playing after a 4 year break, and I wasn't good to begin with. There are some pretty sick holes there, but it was a lot of fun.

They also treat you like royalty, some guy came out to our car when we parked to take the bags to our cart for us. We felt too awkward with that and carried them ourselves, lol.

The locker room is carpeted and has a few hundred full length nice wooden lockers with the names of members on a metal plate on the door. There are about 8 individual showers that come with robes. Also, the sink area has combs, hair products, and shaving cream and disposable razors.

Needless to say, I've never experienced anything like that before and it all seemed pretty wild to me. Definitely a cool experience tho.

Edit: After reading through this, I realize I didn't do it justice, maybe there is an online tour where you can see everything. It definitely seems out of place for the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy kept giving me towels until I paid him to stop.