View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: College Life Is a Mess -- Take the Poker Route Out? (warning: LONG)

AlfilRey, the number one thing I hate about most kids in college is that they think that it is one of those "things" they HAVE to do out of high school. I see random girls from my high school going to college for no real benefit, just to party and not worry about the next 4 years of their life.

College should be a place for learning and trying new things, the parties and bitches are just a bonus. You said before that you don't really care about it for the education reasons. I would have told you to stick to it, but since you say you can net 100+K$ a year, theres no reason to do it. I'm going to college because I want to learn (Ph.d candidate in CS), even if I could net money like you, I still would want to learn all the great things out there.

If you can show your family that college isn't for you, and you can easily bank that much money, I'm sure they would be a bit disappointed but they'll support you. Also if you start playing more and more live and actively participate in the forums, you know doubt will someday have some crazy adventures in Vegas that will trump any college experiences.

Whatever you do in the end though man, the most important thing is to enjoy life and do what you love. Good luck