View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Reality Check, Permafrost ... you do not know how the world works

As I said, I do not think that there will be a "list" in the regulations. That would not be the way regulations work.

However, your "logic" that inclusion of a site on a "list", let alone the creation of a "list" means that there is a real belief that the blacklisted parties violated a law is indeed blatant political ignorance.

Given the choice betweeen trying to prosecute someone in a court of law, carrying a burden of proof, and simply "blacklisting" them without a trial, a zealous DOJ would opt for the latter .... no burden of proof of violation of a law need be borne.

You really do not understand the politics of repression.

However, to answer your rhetorical question, "why are they delaying these political gains" ... The inertia of the regulatory process and the clear lack of a legal basis for posting a hypothetical poker list.

So, tell me why you think DOJ would NOT stoop to unwarranted blacklisting as a means to acheive the political objectives of the anti-gambling zealots ? Why DO you think that blacklisting a PStars or FTP WOULD show they were in violation of some law ?

When did the Judiciary get written out of the Consitution ?