View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Default Re: NL50: AQ against raiser on A flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As played, the PSB after checking behind is a bizarre line for villain. Given your line, the 6d is more likely to help you than the villain, so if it's a bluff, it's an odd one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Villains flop bet looks to be a semi-bluff bet with his draw, hoping to take the pot down right there. The fact that he checked the turn is an indication that's he wants to take his chances with a free card to see if he makes his hand. The diamond on the turn is money and now villain is over betting to try to confuse OP and induce a call. I'd say villain played this hand very well, and would watch out for him in the future.

(Edit: Villain could also have AK. After the flop, he is betting to drive YOU out if you were on a draw, and the K on the turn is checked because he figures he can suck you in on the river if you have a weaker A. When you didn't bet the river, villain knew you didn't have a diamond and went for the overbet. )

[/ QUOTE ]

We're saying the same thing.. it's a little wierd to be a bluff, especially with the line Hero took. I'd need a read that Villain is a tard/aggro-nut to call.

Either way, put in a raise somewhere and don't put yourself into situations with no information. Big pot & TPGK = yuk.