View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: 50NL How do I play my MP and Big draw

"push flop."

So after the guy makes it 5 to go you all think making it 44 more is the best play?

I know how huge of a draw this hand is on this flop, but I sure would like some sort of explanation as to why you all want to play it like this.

I mean what other types of hands are you all playing that you would take this line with? If you are likely to play the nut straight, or top set like this than I could see taking this line, but pushing here is a bit donkish imo. Not saying that I don't try to get all my money in here, just that if I had a hand that I did want to get all the money in with this would not be my line unless that is what was called for against a specific villain.

I guess a flop push just looks to me like we don't want action, when I think we do.

I likely would have raised this pf to start the hand then went from there.

Here I'm 3 betting flop to 18, calling a push, if just called pushing any turn myself.

Interestingly enough I think with OP's line a turn check raise all in might have some decent fold equity if villain only has a one pair hand. Since a 33/26 villain didn't raise pf it's likely that he does not have a tpgk hand so unless he has two pair or better a fold is highly probable.