View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: (Simple?) 3-bet Scenario

[ QUOTE ]
I think the other 3 should be behind the 88s just because 88 has so much more showdown value then any of the other hands and you are in position and are going to be checked to almost every time.

Im pretty surprised to hear arguments for other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but 88 has a very hard time getting to showdown also. like 75% of flops have an over.

Personally, I say 57s, A2s, 88, KJo.

57s- Because if I flop big, he'll never see it coming, and I can stack him from far ahead, and I can also get away easily if I cbet/miss.
A2s- Ace of course has it's own value, but if you get action to it, it's usually toast, but if you happen to flop a few wheel cards or FD, you can still bet hard and probably not be too far behind if you get shoved on and decide to call, ( depends on when, of course)
88- Fairly straight forward, although getting shoved on on a undercard flop sucks unless you have a straight draw. Otherwise, you can cbet flop and reassess from there, and if I get action, I'm usually folding. Obv, you can set up and valuetown, but I am far more partial to 88's value calling PF than RR'ing, and will call only far more, ( but that;s really not the point).

KJ sucks- Unless you flop 2 pair, trips, or a straight/draw, if you get action, you are very likely behind, and WAY behind. I just don't like it, ESPECIALLY out of the SB. If in position, it's better, ( isn't it always?), but even still, I hate it. If flop is KT4 rainbow and you cbet standard, folding to a raise can be very hard, ( although it often shouldn't be)

FWIW, I'm nitting along at 21/16 in 6max now, and 25-50 has always given me fits, although I'm a slight winner at it.

EDIT: Oops, for some reason I read this as being in the SB. I don't care to think about if it changes my opinion, but I;d guess it would.

I need to go to bed.