View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Famous urban legends

[ QUOTE ]
Two of them.

Some guys is looking through the classified for a new car, comes across an ad for a recent Porsche 911 for $50! Now he wasn't looking for a sports car, and he's sure its a typo, but figures what the heck. he calls the number and get a friendly lady on the other end, and she confirms that the car is indeed only $50. Without asking a question he rushed over to her house, give her $50, and they sign a contract. Before the ink is dry, he asks her "You have to know this car is worth more than $50, right?" She says "Oh yeah, I know. My husband ran off to Tahiti with his mistress and sent me a note asking to sell his Porsche and send the money for them to live on." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar scene happened in a deleted scene from High Fidelity. Someone wants to sell their entire collection to John Cusack (who runs a record store). The collection is full of ultra-rare and valuable records, but the lady wants to sell it at a bargain for the same reason you listed. Cusack refuses to buy the collection because he doesn't want to rip off a record collector.