View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East

[ QUOTE ]
The trade(edit- Davies for Dotel) was a wash, granted. But it wasnt really as great as most seem to think. Nobody is a bigger fan than me, but blind loyality isnt really loyal, just blind.

I think the trade for Teix was awesome but it's not enough. They needed to get a decent to good SP. That's a fact. A dominant RP would be wonderful too.

I think the Braves will be lucky to win the division, and it's going to be tough just to get a wildcard. Hey, I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. All this is just my observetions.

another edit for spelling

[/ QUOTE ]

Dotel will definitely be a benefit. Keep in mind that he is likely eating innings that would be used by someone like Lance Cormier or Joey Devine (who I still like long term, but not now). He will not be a huge benefit.

I agree that it will tough for the Braves to catch the Mets and win the division. But I think we are the clear favorites to win the WC, despite being 2 back of SD as of this writing. "Clear favorites" still means it will be tough, but I don't think we have to get lucky, as you say.

Last night's game was v. exciting.