View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 PM

Default foxwoods 5/10 haven\'t been this confused in a while

Ok game is playing pretty decent, loose action preflop - but it is always loose passive. No one is really bluffing or betting or doing much of anything (except me obviously). CO is JAck for those of you who know him, crazy hippie dude. He just came to the table but I know he likes to be active preflop and postflop if the mood strikes as well. UTG is pretty tight.

In the hand, UTG has 5k, CO has 2.5k and I cover.

UTG limps, MP limps, CO makes it 40, button calls, SB calls, I call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and UTG calls.

flop (200): A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked around.

turn (200): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check since 5 ways this hand is pretty weak still, UTG leads 150. CO calls, and I decide to overcall and see a river since I didn't know what else to do.

river (650): 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check. My thoughts here were UTG often has a flush and I can c/r him and trap CO in the middle who is a bit of a calling station for some dead money. Also I didn't want to lead out and get raised, I wanted to read bet sizes and re-evaluate.

UTG checks (very possible he still has a big hand but for some reason despite no action at all didn't like the board pair) and CO now bets 400. I can't put him on much of a hand since I know he likes to bet draws and JT and clubs both are good flop draws, I'm thinking A9 is likely except he's the type to auto bet an A on the flop so it's less likely even still, not to mention I have a 9. I'm having trouble putting him on a hand, especially one that can stand a check-raise, so I decide to call and hope to get an overcall from an UTG flush or straight or whatever.

Thoughts on hand? Every street comments acceptable (ok not preflop), this was the first time in a while I was genuinely confused. Felt pretty weak just calling the river but it felt like that may have been the right play. What say you?