View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Will you keep your Sharkscope stats public?

[ QUOTE ]
I have been paying for it and I find it a very useful tool especially for buy ins between 16s and 60s to a certain extent I consider it a ROI maximizer.

Actually although most of the players here seem being neutral to it I would like to remind of how many times reads are expressed in the form of "unknown winning player", "regular losing player", "unknown who was winning at lower buy in".

Those reads come from sharkscope and have been part of discussions and certainly part of the decision process for a specific move.

I am not entering into PS decision to stop providing datas, this is another subject, what I believe is that whoever (at the buy ins mentioned before) in this forum did not use it left apart a big benefit to his game.

I make an example: yestrday I was 12 tabling 60s and on 7 tables I had a guy, what would it be your standard read on the guy? REGULAR; how would you adapt your game? shoving tighter and calling wider right? WRONG! I sharkscoped him and he was yes a regular, but a regular losing player who lost 6k in 2k games.

Now would somebody tell me how in the future would you differ a winning regular to a losing one?

Bottom line: I will stop paying for sharkscope because it will be useless and I did not decide yet whether I will opt in or out, I am pretty sure I like people folding to my raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharkscope is a pretty [censored] way to get a read. Understanding playing styles is way more important that knowing if they are are up or down money. If someone is in 7 of your games at once you should get a decent sample in PT very quickly. PT and PAHUD are vastly superior to sharkscope for SNG reads.