View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: ATTN: Steamboatin or other southern Indiana players

[ QUOTE ]
Trip Report...
Argosy

I couldn't stand any more of that 2/4 game so after lunch we drove along the river up to Argosy. There we spent about 4 hours playing 3/6 and again finished up a little bit. The game was still really loose but at least 3 or 4 people on the table seemed to have a basic idea how to play so it wasn't too bad.

This afternoon Argosy was running a bunch of tables of 1/3NL and 2 2/5NL tables, a 5/10 limit with full kill and 4 3/6 tables. I've been there several times on saturday nights when they have a 5/10NL going -- I'm pretty sure there is usually an omaha game of some sort going on saturdays but I don't pay as much attention to that. I also saw a 6/12 limit holdem game one saturday night.

The first (and probably last) time we ate at the Argosy buffet I was less than impressed. I agree it was worse than golden corral.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the O8 game running a few times. I don't think it is just Saturdays. They no longer run a 6/12 LHE game. Now it is 5/10 with a kill. From talking to dealers, it appears that changing to 5/10 has made the game more viable. Call ahead and ask to get on the list.

The only time that I bother with the buffet is on Wednesdays and Fridays when they have crab legs and seafood.