View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Any LEGAL poker in Chicago?

live in N burbs a few mins north of Glenview....got to Majestic/Resorts a lot...I-294 "Tri State" toll gets pretty bad south bound after 2PM about during the week & around Touhy/OHare there is typically a bit of a slowdown, however, if you are going to East Chicago/Gary (Resorts/Majestic), in my opinion, the fastest way to go is I-294 south to I-55, Chicago exit, east to the Dan Ryan I-90/I-94, Indiana exit. Now, the Dan Ryan is under construction, but you are only on it for about 3 or 4 miles before exiting to the Chicago Skyway. The Skyway is a short toll way connecting to the Illinois Tollway. U exit the Indiana tollway on Cline Avenue & follow the billboards from there a few miles. Tip: get the Illinois I-Pass from a local Jewel food store. It now works on Illinois and Indiana tollways, and the privately owned Skyway. Save you a lot of time.

Forget about southbound Edens Expressway connecting N SHore burbs w/Dan Ryan. Southbound lanes clog very early in the day with the "reverse commute" and then funnels you right into the worst part of the Dan Ryan Construction.

ya, echo others: Hollywood Aurora 10/20 and 20/40 only if you have to go there and don't mind unbelievable wait for table...Resorts 10/20, 20/40 limit, and 5/10 NL is jacked up...Majestic best for Monday/Wednesday rebuy tourneys & also a good 5/10 NL 1K max game.