View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Pretty obvious, right.....

[ QUOTE ]
Irish Mafia,

Name some hands that he may have that are either calling a bet or betting himself that we beat....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well KQ is one hand that he may call a bet that we beat. As for hands he would bet himself that we beat, there are lots - I mean he could've been floating intending to take away the pot on the turn (since you raised limpers from OOP in the blinds, he KNOWS you are going to cb ANY flop). For instance he could've called the flop w/ 33, putting you on AK - but now sees the board getting scary enough to just decide to bluff away.

I guess more reads on villain would help - but you specifically said he's been making small stabs at pots... to me, that means he could stab at the pot on the turn w/ anything. And i'm not saying that bet-fold is the right play (i'm trying to learn from this thread as well) - I just think that check-folding to a villain who a) limped; b) has been stabbing at lots of pots; and c) probably does not necessarily give us credit for tptk; just "feels" weak. I know he could easily have two pair or a straight - but check-folding just seems ugly. I guess this is why position is everything.