View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Wow, that was racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other point is this and then I'm off soapbox.

We're less than 50 years removed from a time when very real, very painful very evil racism and discrimination was pervasive in this country. Frankly, I think it's a little soon to be laughing off these little coy moments of offensiveness as if we don't still face these types of issues. If posts and discussion like this serve to keep people aware, that's a fantastic thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, because I think the fact that we're less than 50 years removed from (and in fact still have) serious racism and discrimination issues is one reason not to treat this incident to seriously (not that I think OP has done that). I don't want people to get use to hearing people cry racism and thinking, "meh, get over it". Its more of a pick your battles type thing. There are serious race/religion/discrimination issues in the world today, that I don't care about [censored] like this when its quite likely thats its just a dumb girl doing something stupid without any malicious intent.

[/ QUOTE ]No racism in this country lately? I guess middle easterners aren't people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't have very good reading comprehension: see "and in fact still have"

OR

You have poor quoting sk1llz.

Edit: Wow, using a lame leetspeak word joke on my 1337 post. Pure gold.