View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: HSNL [censored] Thread AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
I simply think that >1 person/hand isn't cool and I don't see how anybody can disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

here are my reasons for thinking it's fine:

a) no rule against it
b) so prevalent that everybody knows it happens. this is not justificatory in and of itself (i.e. account switching is prevalent but still messed up) but definitely mitigates the "wrongness"
c) it's not necessarily the case that more heads = better play for many reasons (good player asks worse player for advice and respects guy's thoughts, ends up making worse decision, etc.)
d) not clear what the significant difference is between real-time advice and ahead-of-time ?s on a forum if all the relevant information for answering the question is given in the post(if you say "when a total unknown 3bets the CO vs my HJ raise, what should i do with 8s?" is the same thing as being in that situation and asking somebody in chat) but nobody seems to find very specific posts on these forums to be unethical.
e) seems very similar to real time coaching, so if you have trouble with me calling Jay you should also have trouble with coaching services like 3bet, but I doubt you do.