View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Wow, that was racist

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race

That makes it pretty clear to me that this chick wasn't being racist. Or at least there's nowhere near enough info to determine that she is racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

She pretty clearly demonstrated a belief about a characterstic of some race, i.e. that asian people bow.

She acted slightly dumb and v slightly racist, but who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]
May I suggest that you not ignore the rest of the definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief

You may suggest that, but it only strengthens my contention that she clearly acted in a racist manner although reasonable people shouldn't care. She directed antagonism at the people based on this belief that asian people bow. The especially part isn't necessary if that is what you are getting at.. It can even be argued that she is suggesting that asians and their culture are inferior when she mocks it.